Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bad Girl - SNSD




This is, according to me, the best song so far by So Nye Shi Dae. I really love it! The chorus is catchy and the high notes sung by Jessica and Taeyeon are great! The choreography looks great and I really like the concept. As for the clothes I feel similar as I did to Super Juniors Mr. Simple: I don't really like the gray/black outfits, but the colourful outfits looks really amazing! Especially Jessica and Hyoyeon (I have a thing for red jeans...). The low sound-quality makes me a bit confused, but doesn't really bother me. Honestly it gives the video some character, like they're taking the "bad girl"-feeling of the song as far as possible!

I haven't talked a lot about SNSD before. But I really like them and appreciate their huge talent. I used to be a bit different though. Consider this as my apology to all wonderful sones out there:
I admit, I judged SNSD too quick. I put my trust in what other people said without thinking on my own, and I judged based on appearance rather than talent. I didnt like SNSD in the beginning. I don't know exactly why. It just seemed like a lot of other people hated them so I though "Well, I guess they aren't very good then." I should have known that a lot of haters doesn't make a group worth the hate.
It sounds strange to say I judged on appearance, but let me explain. I know SNSD are super-pretty so if I only looked at them I should have loved them, and maybe I would have if I had seen each of them individually. But I only saw them as a group. I saw nine girls in identical pink clothes (oh!), showing their legs, wiggling their hips in time with the music. And even before I started viewing the video I had decided I was going to dislike it. I know better now, and trust me, I am so ashamed that I judged them so easily. I was never a hater, I have never written a hateful comment about SNSD anywhere, I have just disliked them without reason.

If I could, I would apologize to every single member of So Nye Shi Dae, and also to every single one of their fans. I'm really sorry.

As I said, I know better now. I don't know when I started to change. But at some point I decided to give them a chance, and I am so glad I did. I realized that these girls were just as hard-working and talented as any other SM artist. I realized that if you looked at the right places, you could see them do complicated dances and sing very hard songs. I think what really made me love SNSD was when I realized that they weren't at all identical, as I had thought in the beginning. Sure, they often wear identical clothes on stage, but their personalities are so varied. Here is a link to the interview that got me to really understand that (in case anyone doubts me when I say they're very unique girls.)

I like them all and I think they're all very talented, but my favorites for now are Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica. I really can't tell you why, I just really like them!
I don't know exatly what I wanted to say with this long post... Maybe I wanted to help someone else, to not make the same mistake I did. Maybe I just wanted to say sorry. SNSD are wonderful, and I wish I could have known that earlier. Maybe I just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment