Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sherlock - Shinee

I still didn't write about Shinee's comeback! I'll make this pretty short cause I don't have time for this at all, but anyway...


I loved this comeback!

The song is exactly my style. Catchy and fun, and not too simple in it's structure. It might not be my favourite-song of the year, but still very very good. I also kind of like this idea about a hybrid-remix, just because it's different, and I love when SM tries new things and sets new trends.

They styling of the members is just... Shinee. Shinee's thing is to be a little bit adventurous with their styling, right? And I like that they go full out on that concept. Some people think Taemins hair is too long, but I just keep thinking that it needs to be a little bit too long for it to be Shinee. If it had just been regularly long, it would have been like any other group, and that's not Shinee. Shinee always go just a little bit too far, they always push the limits.

The choreography is one of the best choreographies I've seen in kpop, and Shinee does it so well. And in all honesty, I think Shinee is one of the most talented kpop-groups out there today. If you don't believe me I suggest you go watch this live-performance of Sherlock. If you still don't think Shinee is one of the best live-groups, I honestly think you're stupid. You don't have to like them, but you can't deny their huge talent! They're able to do one of the most physically demanding choreographies, while delivering close to perfect vocals, and that is pretty damn hard to do.

The video is good. I mean the story is a little bit boring, but at the same time the song is really playful, so having a super-serious storyline just wouldn't go well with the song. I think this is good, it's a simple and kind of fun storyline, and it's a nice change from the usual only-dance-videos we often get from SM Entertainment.


I should probably write about something I disliked about the video, just so I wouldn't seem as obviously biased, but the truth is I am biased, and I didn't really dislike anything about Sherlock. Onew is back, they all look amazing, and this album is playing on repeat on my ipod.

I love Shinee!

No comments:

Post a Comment