Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hopeful!

So there's a new interview with Jaejoong. A really wonderful one! Here's a link to it. I can't even begin to tell you all the things I love about this interview, but I'll just introduce my favourite-quotes from it.

“Park Yoochun has the manliest image in JYJ so he wore blue, and I matched Kim Junsu with green because of his humorous image. I wanted to represent my slightly epicene image.”
How I love this. He just used the word epicene to describe himself. Isn't he just wonderful, that's a very unique thing for a man to do. Some men would probably take it as an insult if they were described as epicene, but Jaejoong just says it as it is!

“There are still a few rough patches to fix. But I can assure you that the problem wasn’t amongst the members. I believe there were lies and misunderstandings that surrounded us. Personally, I think that we could still straighten out all the misunderstandings.”
Well, who doesn't love this? There's so much hope in these sentences. Hope for TVXQ. Even if the group can't be reunited on stage in the near future, I just want to hear that they're friends. That would make me happier than almost anything.

“Most of them were my non-celebrity friends. A few celebrities who came were Hong Seok Chun and Narsha.”
Now this is more... Well, I get it if noone else thinks much of this quote, but it brought a smile to my face. I'll try to explain why. About Narsha, I love her. Her solo-album is the best solo-project in k-pop in my opinion (along with maybe Ga-in). So the fact that Jaejoong knows her makes me so exited, because I would obviously love to talk to her myself sometime.
And then there's Hong Seok Chun. Jaejoong just said himself that he is friends with Hong Seok Chun, who is openly gay. A celebrity could easily not reveal his friendship with anyone openly homosexual, just to protect his own image. But Jaejoong reveals it, and by doing so, he could affect tousands of fans, who might just think twice before judging someone by his or her sexuality the next time. Jaejoong has the opportunity to speak to a big crowd, and he really makes the best of it! He's openminded, and that is important.

Ah... I hope to see more inteviews like this in the future, with all members of TVXQ and JYJ. I do love them being silly in variety-shows, but I love it even more when they're serious, because everytime they are, they prove how smart and openminded they are.
Always keep they Faith! Today I feel more hopeful than I've done in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment