Friday, April 8, 2011

United Asia Management

Now this scares me.

"The biggest entertainment companies in Korea have joined together to create one massive management agency known as United Asia Management."

I have a bad feeling about this. A really really bad one. I mean, this new management agency is going to be huge. As the original article said, it's going to completely crush performers from other agencies. What will happen now? What will happen with the bands from these agencies? There are differences between all agencies, and I have made clear before that there are some agencies I don't like.
I don't like SM Entertainment, or what I mean is; I love the talents managed by SM, but I don't like the way SM handles things. But I like YG, and I like how they seem to let their artists participate in the entire process of making an album. I don't want Big Bang for example to have anything to do with SM Entertainment.
And I don't want a monopoly in music. Music shouldn't be about money, and I really can't think of a reason to create United Asia Management other than money. Music is an art, not a business. This will crush some artists from smaller agencies. Artists that I happen to really like, simply because they're different, and not quite a part of the huge money-machine that is the korean music-industry.

But I hope I'm wrong. I hope noone will be crushed. I hope all artists will still be original. I hope everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment